Monday, February 15, 2010

The Transformation


Title: The Transformation
Author: Rolf


The pain has started.


It grows a little with each passing hour
It was only a minor rule broken after all
At least I keep telling myself that
It doesn't help.



It's the next day and it's getting worse
It's filling my heart, my body, my soul
I choke on it when I look at him
But I think it's well hidden.



It's Friday night and my choice on what we do
I can't think, the pain is too intense
But not making a choice is a giveaway
I finally choose.



He looks at me, intense and knowing
Rather than ask me what I'd like to talk about
It's what I don't want to talk about
I stutter.



The pain intensifies.


It comes bubbling out in a rush
The silly rule I broke and how I lied
He isn't angry, but understanding and calm
I feel worse.



He tells me what I already know but need to hear again
The rule is there for a reason
There are consequences
The pain flutters in my stomach.



The paddle is removed from it's hiding place
The chair is moved from the table
I am moved to stand beside him
My pants at half-mast.



I find myself face down before I am ready
The cold air brings chills to my exposed skin
My partner's hand is wrapped securely around my side
I shudder in nervous anticipation.



The pain has started.


It explodes in paddle shapes across my bared cheeks
Each gun shot loud crack intensifies it
I squirm, I struggle, and I promise to behave
It does no good.



The knot of tears can no longer be swallowed
It comes up and out in a long choking sob
They pour forth as they did when I was a child
I realise, the paddling has ended.



The pain intensifies.


At least it feels like it to me
I can concentrate again
My bottom burns, it aches and it throbs
A rosy shade of red.



The pain slowly receeds.


I am on my knees, head buried in his lap
There's a cold flannel on my face, my neck
Arms around me, soft words spoken
I am forgiven.



A while later, when the skin has cooled
The throbbing settled and the tears have dried
Not only am I physically better, but that in
mind, body and soul,



The pain is gone.

No comments:

Most of the artwork on the blog is by Canadian artist Steve Walker.

Rolf and Ranger’s Next Book will be called The Mary Ellen Carter. The Mary Ellen Carter and other works in progress can be read at either the Falls Chance Ranch Discussion Group or the Falls Chance Forum before they are posted here at the blog. So come and talk to the authors and be a part of a work in progress.





Do you want to read the FCR Books
and Short Stories on your E-Reader?
Well, lucky for you, e-book files can be found in
both the Yahoo Group and the Discussion Forum.