Saturday, February 13, 2010

Immoral

IMMORAL
by Ranger

I hate homework
It's very seldom fun
It comes in many guises and it's still less seldom done.
Its the cause of urgent growling
And a scowl or two or three
And the person doing homework
Isn't even ME.

We hate homework
My brat and I
He certainly MUST do it
I certainly might cry
There's many many reasons
why it shouldn't be done now
Why it isn't very urgent
Why I shouldn't have a cow

It'll wait until tomorrow
It doesn't earn a grade
It's only extra credit
And the current bribe's been paid
He doesn't NEED to do it
(And NEVER right away)
It isn't THAT important
There's things to DO today.

I hate homework
I'm working on the stare
Some authoritative growling
And a burn-a-hole-through glare
We both know where the paddle is
We've visited it twice
And any resolution before midnight would be nice

We're hiding from the homework
We may not get up today
I'm assured that ignored long enough
It might just go away
And I cling to this wild fantasy
Re the homework on the shelf
Where I keep intact my sanity
And do it all myself

No comments:

Most of the artwork on the blog is by Canadian artist Steve Walker.

Rolf and Ranger’s Next Book will be called The Mary Ellen Carter. The Mary Ellen Carter and other works in progress can be read at either the Falls Chance Ranch Discussion Group or the Falls Chance Forum before they are posted here at the blog. So come and talk to the authors and be a part of a work in progress.





Do you want to read the FCR Books
and Short Stories on your E-Reader?
Well, lucky for you, e-book files can be found in
both the Yahoo Group and the Discussion Forum.